Recipe For Success: Matt samson

Who is one of your mentors?

Matt Samson is one of my mentors as well as my 4th and 5th grade teacher at Hansen elementary. (this isn’t him this is just the photo on his page(I don’t think hes ever been to space))

Image of Bill Gates
https://lincoln.osd.wednet.edu/staff_directory/staff_directory/teacher_websites/matthew_samson

I don’t know when his birthday is (I forgot)

he was born somewhere in Alaska. (its starting to sound like he dosent exist but he does I would know)

Personal Success Definition

I success as being given a job and doing it well and effectively

Matt Samson was my 4th and 5th grade teacher at hansen elementary, I believe that he succeeded at teaching because he was able to make almost every kid in that class enjoy working and learning in his classroom and inspiring us to go beyond the minimum.

Skills for Success

Matt had to master teaching and entertaining while just being a very likable person, he used these skills to encourage kids to want to learn and to do well.

How They Used These Skills

Matt used those skills to teach in a fun non-overbearing way that made the kids in his class want to learn and to continue to grow.

Challenges Overcome

Matt had to teach me and several other kids who lets just say weren’t great students, as well as having to teach and grade and micro manage kids who got off task (it was me) along with the less than amazing pay that teachers get considering what they do.

Significant Work

while this website and the camp have expired, Matt hosted a camp every summer AT HIS OWN HOUSE where kids could come and learn how to use programs to record and create music.

http://sonicsprout.squarespace.com/matt-samson

Resources

unfortunately for me he switched schools for work and so I cant really find all that much regarding him as far as resources go, i can be the source and say that he did in fact exist.

One thought on “Recipe For Success: Matt samson”

1. Vince,
    This is a really sweet piece of writing. Thanks for the recognition. I can’t believe you are in n high school already. And you found LeDuc, one of my favorite people in the world. Did you know the three of us went to Cispus together? Keep kicking butt and making music. I’m at Lincoln now and still have my school email. msamson@osd.wednet.edu
    Matt